Sunday, July 3, 2011

A new old work and some old new work


Above and below are two in-progress stills of the video work, Cancel (2011), that is intended for projection onto the space elevator installation. Still some layer editing needed, some mask feathering, and definitely some color work (I will eventually need the white in the clothes and sky to fluctuate in space on the white sculpture) but I'm excited to see this video take shape. Shout out to Mike Smith (Graduado Aranha) for being in this piece - thanks so much!


And below, of course, is more of the diamond-cutting-out for the final grate of the space elevator that I've been putting off for 2 months now. It's literally the second to last part of the installation that needs to be cut. I guess that's why I haven't rushed it, but it's nice to be almost officially, unquestionably done.


No comments:

Post a Comment